Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Prior to undergoing a procedure with intravenous sedation, you should follow these guidelines:
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six hours prior to the appointment. (Except when directed to take premedication)
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. Also, someone will need to be with you for 8-12 hours after you return home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Runyon, Dr. Marre, Dr. Khandelwal and Dr. Rainero prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Contact One of Our Offices Today…
Call us with any questions about Before Anesthesia or make an appointment.Se Habla Español.